Learning areas/skills harbourmasters
|LIST OF ACCEPTED LEARNING AREAS & SKILLS FOR HARBOURMASTERS|
|Version: August 2016|
- In order to register and certify with EMCI Register the harbourmaster must have completed at least 4 programs out of the list of accepted learning areas & skills for harbourmasters.
- This responds to the need for diversity within the profession.
- The harbourmaster chooses his/her own programs!
- Through an individual exemption request not included knowledge areas and exams can be examined in order to get accepted.
|Overview accepted learning and skills areas for harbourmasters|
- Basic knowledge of national laws and regulations
- Firefighting (STCW certificates among others)
- First aid including reanimation
- Communication technigues
- Conflict and dispute resolution
- Hoisting yachts
- Hospitality for guests, Ships & Yachts
- Hotelmanagement and logistics
- Social hygiene & safety
- Incidents and emergencies handling processes (e.g. STCW certificates)
- Coping and sail with ships and yachts (including RYA certificates)
- Nautical laws and regulations
- Technical knowledge and understanding yachts and recretional crafts
© Copyright 2018 EMCI register®
EMCI register is an official trademark of GNG